"Evangelism: Sharing The Gospel" - Steve Wiggins Special Devotional Series
We have learned the10 COMMANDMENTS, along with 2 DIAGNOSTIC QUESTIONS that are designed to get people thinking about Heaven. We also defined “GRACE” as a gift from G_d, proving that salvation is not EARNED by good deeds/works. We pondered mankind’s great PREDICAMENT: How can a sinner, in the presence of a perfect and holy G_d, ever commune with Him? Then, we addressed the NATURE of G_d: He is both JUST and MERCIFUL. We put forth that G_d has reckoned mankind’s predicament through the PERSON of MESSIAH. We learned that Yeshua is the MESSIAH…fully G_d and fully human. We now know that Jesus paid the penalty for the sin of the World and that salvation is offered EXCLUSIVELY through Messiah, yet LIBERALLY to anyone who would accept it, by FAITH. Most recently, we learned what SAVING FAITH is…and what it is NOT. Now, it is time lead people to a COMMITMENT to follow Yeshua. It begins with a simple question: Would you like for me to lead you in a prayer, where you can receive salvation?
Since we know that SAVING FAITH is neither 1) merely temporal, nor 2) solely intellectual, what does it mean to make a true COMMITMENT to follow Yeshua?
1) TRANSFER YOUR TRUST: from what you have been doing to what Messiah has done for you on the Cross. “For G)_d so loved the World in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
2) BELIEVE that Yeshua is the Messiah (Savior): “…if you confess with your mouth the L_rd Yeshua and believe in your heart that G_d has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
3) RECEIVE Messiah Yeshua as L_RD: By receiving Yeshua as “L_RD” means you are giving Him control of your life, surrendering to His direction and will. This means you are willing to REPENT, turning away from anything that is not pleasing to Him. He will reveal His will to you, as you grow in your relationship with Him.
4) CONFESS, PROFESS & COMMIT: Pray to G_d; CONFESS that you know you are a sinner and you cannot save yourself. PROFESS (verbally affirm your faith) that Yeshua has paid the penalty for your sin, purchased a place for you in Heaven, rose from the grave and offers salvation to you, free of charge. COMMIT to turn from your sin (repent) and follow Yeshua the Messiah, trusting in Him alone for your salvation.
5) ACCEPT, ASK & THANK: Accept His grace, His free gift of salvation through Messiah Yeshua. Ask Him to take control, to be L_rd of your life and to fill you with His Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). And thank Him for saving you! Amen!
At this point, you should ENCOURAGE the person (who just prayed that prayer) that if they meant it, on the authority of the Bible, they ARE SAVED! “…I say unto you, he that believes on Me has everlasting life” John 6:47 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:19
~Steve Wiggins, Associate Leader, Worship Leader
Saturday, February 8, 2014